Enrolments

Once you have found a course you are interested in you can submit an expression of interest by any of the following methods:
• Complete and submit the online Expression of Interest Form
• Complete, print and forward your Expression of Interest form to PO Box 2096 Bayswater, 3153
• Call (03) 9722 5777 and book an appointment to come in and discuss your training needs

Unique Student Identification Number (USI)

• To comply with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 all students require a Unique Student Identification Number (USI) as of 1 January 2015.
• You can apply for a USI number directly on the Student Identifiers Registrar website http://www.usi.gov.au and provide it to K.Y.M. (Victoria) Inc. within 14 days of your enrolment.

Eligibility for a Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) funded place.

Generally, you are eligible for a VTG-funded training place if you are:
  1. an Australian citizen
  2. an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa) or a New Zealand citizen and are any of the following:
  • seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
  • seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
  • seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
  • seeking to enrol in a school-based traineeship
  • 20 years and older and upskilling by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
You can also check what you may be eligible for using the interactive Victorian Skills Gateway Eligibility Indicator.

Evidence Requirements for a VTG funded place.

We will accept the following forms of identification when enrolling in our training courses:
• Australian Birth Certificate – not birth extract
• current New Zealand Passport
• current Green Medicare Card
• current Australian Passport
• Naturalisation certificate
• formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence.
If a birth date is not presented on identification above, the following identification must be presented:
• current Drivers Licence
• current Learner Permit
• Proof of Age Card
• Keypass Card
Evidence of an individual’s eligibility for the VTG is to be sighted and a copy retained by the RTO for each eligible individual, prior to commencement in training, in accordance with these guidelines:
• Sighted by K.Y.M. (Victoria) Inc’s Certified Authorised Person.

Eligibility criteria for individuals referred under particular initiatives

Separate eligibility criteria applies for individuals who are referred under the following initiatives:
• Asylum Seekers
• Victims of Human Trafficking Initiative
• Workers in Transition Program
• Automotive Supply Chain Training Initiative
• jobactive initiatives
Please call us on 03) 9722 5777 to discuss the above initiatives and eligibility criteria.

Determining the number of courses in which an individual is eligible to enrol in.

An individual is eligible to enrol in and commence a maximum of two government-subsidised courses in each calendar year (including courses on the approved Foundation Skills List).
An individual is eligible to undertake a maximum of two government-subsidised courses at any one level in their lifetime. This restriction does not apply to courses on the Foundation Skills List, Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)/Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) or to students starting training again in the same qualification (at the same or a different provider).

jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES) referrals

If a jobactive/DES provider refers a student, the provider is responsible for paying 80 percent of the tuition fee with the student being responsible for the remaining 20 percent. The fees and charges for each party are outlined in the jobactive/DES referral form.

Concessions

To be eligible for the concession rate, the concession card must be presented at time of enrolment and be in date. Students identified as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent must be charged at the concession rate.

Payment options

Students are required to pay the Administration Fee prior to course commencement. Students who have not paid that fee or made alternative arrangements will not be permitted to attend class.
A purchase order or authority to invoice on a company letterhead must accompany enrolments that are to be invoiced to a company.

Making payment

Acceptable payment options can be made at any of our training venues, including:
• Direct Debit/Transfer
• Cash
• Cheque – payable to K.Y.M. (Victoria) Inc.
If you have further questions or need assistance enrolling in one of our courses please contact us on 03)9722 5777 or email kym@kym.com.au
footer.php