An intensive support service for young people transitioning from residential out-of-home care who are not engaged in education, training or employment has been established in Victoria.
The Springboard program assists young people aged 16 to 21 on Victorian Custody or Guardianship orders who are in residential out-of-home care, or who have recently left care.
Springboard is provided by community-based organisations that have specialist skills supporting young people with education, training and/or employment.
Springboard is part of the existing suite of transition and post care services funded by the Department of Human Services (DHS) in each region.
Springboard provides a model of service delivery that includes:
• assessment, planning and service provision that is holistic, flexible, individually tailored and responsive to the young people’s needs, choices and circumstances.
• a flexible and outreach and case work that will assist young people to successfully engage, or re-engage, in education, training and/or employment so as to prepare them for long-term sustainable employment.
• strong linkages with Department regions, residential out-of- home care providers, post care support information and referral services and relevant other services.
• a culturally competent service that is responsive to the needs of Aboriginal young people and those from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Springboard is available in each of the eight DHS regions.
Springboard in the Eastern Metropolitan Region
• Delivered by a partnership – K.Y.M. & Anglicare
• 4 Case Managers -2 at Anglicare Box Hill & 2 at K.Y.M. Ringwood
• Covers Boroondara, Monash, Manningham, Whitehorse, Knox, Maroondah, Yarra Ranges
Springboard Referral Arrangements
• Indi Mills is the Springboard Program Coordinator and her contact details are below.
• Simply contact Indi by phone or Email. All we need initially is the young person’s name and birth date.
• We’ll verify eligibility with DHS, a quick process and then make arrangements to commence the young person’s engagement with a Caseworker
K.Y.M. (Victoria) Inc
Phone: 03 9722 5777 Mobile:0477 994 003