The Certificate I in Work Education provides learners with an intellectual disability the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to improve their employability and work readiness in a supported environment as a pathway to open employment
Entry to the Certificate I in Work Education is intended for post compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability.
Evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability must be provided prior to enrolment. Evidence could include:
• Formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
• Doctors / specialist reports
• Attendance at a Specialist School / SDS
• Integration support at school
• Integration support at school with modified curriculum
Students seeking to enrol in a Foundation Course will be required to participate in pre-assessment activities to identify the individual needs of each student.
Students may be eligible for Credit Transfer or RPL, please contact us directly for further information
To fulfil the requirements of 22302VIC Certificate I in Work Education, students must successfully complete 10 Units.
• 7 Core Units
• 3 Elective Units
Units to be delivered:
VU21771 Develop an individual vocational plan with support
VU21772 Develop personal management skills for work
VU21773 Participate in vocational activities
VU21774 Participate in practical placement with support
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
VU21664 Prepare for employment
VU21775 Develop interpersonal communication skills for the workplace
VU21666 Participate in job seeking activities
VU21307 Work with numbers and money in simple familiar situations
TLIG1001 Work effectively with others
This course is delivered by a fully qualified Teacher. Deborah has her Bachelor of Education and also holds her TAE40110 Training and Assessment and has been teaching for the past twenty five years.
Nil required for this course
There are no formal pathway arrangements for this course.
A range of potential pathways are possible when units of competency from other accredited curricula or endorsed training packages are utilised as electives.
These pathways are into the:
• 22235VIC Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory)
• 22215VIC Certificate I in Mumgu-dhal tyama-tiyt
• 22280VIC Certificate I in Employment Pathways
• SIR07 Retail Services training Package
• FSK Foundation Skills Training Package
• ICA11 Information and Communications Technology Training Package
• SIT12 Tourism Travel and Hospitality Training Package
• CHC08 Community Services Training Package
• TLI10 Transport and Logistics Training Package
• There are no specific employment outcomes from the Certificate I in Work Education however the Certificate I in Work Education offers training in vocational pathway planning, job-seeking activities, vocational taster programs and basic employability skills that employers expect from an entry level worker.