The Reconnect Program is part of the Victorian Government’s Back to Work scheme. The Scheme is designed to help get young unemployed people, retrenched workers, out-of-trade apprentices and people looking for work longer than 12 months back to work.
Vulnerable young people who leave school early often face multiple barriers in remaining in training and transitioning to the workforce or further training, and are at risk of remaining disengaged unless they can access targeted services that successfully support them back into education, training or employment.
Reconnect seeks to reverse this trend through targeted interventions that will re-connect young people with education and the workplace and support them on a pathway to training and employment.
The Reconnect program will fund the provision of a range of supports for early school leavers that are designed to sustain their engagement with learning and work and build the resilience and capacity necessary to successfully transition into formal learning and employment.
To View Flyer: Reconnect 2017 Flyer
The following young people will be eligible for the Reconnect program:
- Young people from 15-24 who are disengaged early school leavers who have not reached Year 12;
- Long-term unemployed 20 to 24 year olds who have completed Year 12.
Reconnect is delivered across the Eastern Metropolitan Region
• Case Managed program
• Covers Knox and Maroondah
For further information please contact :
- Annette Hunkin on 03 9722 5777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indi Mills on 03 9722 5777 or email email@example.com